Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rock-a-blog

Had a peaceful sleep save for the 08:00 wake call from my wife. She was in an extra romantic mood, and we exchanged a few passionate kisses (ofcourse throught the airtel network). I felt refreshed aand listened to some nice marathi music by Millind Ingle. The tunes reminded me of B.J Thomas classic "Rain-drops keep falling on my head".

I had to go to work and i shared the cab today with a rock-enthusiast. Long hair, unshaven stubble, ears pierced, wearing a faded black SEPULTURA round neck, he looked as if he came straight out of a brawl.
" You listen to rock music" i casually asked him.
"ya dude... rock is my religion dude..Marilyn manson my god dude... blah blah blah blah... cannibal corpse... dude... again blah blah blah...dude...dude... meshuggah death metal....speed metal... again marilyn Manson Bla blah blah...dude.. dude... "sweet dreams"... f****** so good..dude...blah blah blah"
Patience i told myself as he was yet starting another story on why he thinks Marilyn Manson to be over jesus Christ.
Christ i said to myself.
"Do you listen to led Zappelin" i interrupted.
"Led who? marilyn manson, Sepultura....blah blah blah blah... rock is f**** my religion...dude... blah blah blah..."

"My god please somebody stop this guy" my ears were screaming. I t was as if looking at a child given his first rattle toy.
"Saheb trip sheet var sign kara" interrupted the driver. (sir, sign on the trip sheet) and i was grateful to him. This was the only time Mr Dude Marilyn Bigfan had his mouth shut.
"You listen to rock music" it was his turn now.
No i dont i wanted to yell out. I do not listen to Bob Dylan, janis Joplin, Syd Barrett, beatles, Neil Diamond et company nor do i listen to Deep Purple, Doors or Elvis Presley, i wished to yell. God it was like telling a bald man to use a hair straightener.
" No" i said politely. "I only listen to hindi romantic songs".
He made an awful face. If the expressions could speak it would surely be " God put some sense unto him. make him listen to rock ... marilyn Manson... blah blah blah... DUDE"

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Daniel (ch. XII, v. 4)

No comments: