Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Another period of tenseness

Just attended a meeting session with my boss and his boss. Thankfully, i had not done anything wrong this time. I was apprehensive because they were extra courteous and polite towards me. Finally they spelled out the doom. The project will be gone in matter of few days and they had no option but to put people on the bench for few days or weeks probably. That came as no surprise. Yes, i was worried but the bosses took extra care about that by praising the excellent work that i did and also the amount of internal vacancies around in the company. I felt sad though, not because i had to leave excellent work (or absolutely no work would be more precise) but because of the nice people that i shared my office space with (and that includes for the first time in my entire career, my boss who was extra nice to everybody). But alas, time and tide waits for nobody and i have to move on. As a parting gift my boss allowed me my long deserved vacation and immediately i had to seek help from Indian Railways for my tickets reservations. Looks like people hate traveling during the rains and hence did not have much trouble for the reservations. I will be traveling to Kerala tomorrow. Comfortably sleeping in my wife's arms for few days after heavy diet of sea food and boiled rice.

Had no work hence i decided to check out our company library but sadly it only had books that had scores of programs which i could never understand (yeah yeah i work in software industry yet i find programs just like a maze of mirrors in a county feast). But my eyes did fall on something interesting. Amitav Ghosh's The Calcutta Chromosome. I finished 50 pages and it felt like wife who had an hour long sex session without an orgasm. I was still unsatisfied. I wanted more out of the maze like situations which the author creates. Finally the place was getting too crowded with girls chattering non-stop on how this months edition of the Chicken Soup for the soul was really swell of a book. "Shut-up ladies", someone is trying to concentrate here i would have liked to say, yet it is non-chivalrous for a grown up man to yell at ladies.

No comments: