Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

My Condolence Meeting - Allegory of my life - Part II

The dias was now taken over by MR. KA, my boss at work. He always had a vermillion mark on his forehead which showed his constant devotion to some hindu god, which one i am not sure of. He was a philosopher just like i was but certainly not an Utopian. He was full of swamis and sants and numerous babas, the foundations for life, the foundations for after life, yoga a path to salvation. He was not too fond of me neither did he hate me, ofcourse his mentors preached him love for all. "This is breaking the family system in India. Homosexuality is not natural and can be treated."he was heard saying a times too many, repeating the great words of the even greater yoga mentor, one with the long flowing greatest black beard who always accused the government of cheating him and led blind flocks to the streets with his fast unto death. My boss was proud member of this flock, so iwas it embossed in a cheap plastic badge which he proudly displayed on his breast pocket.



So he was wearing one when he took over the dias. "Ofcourse good employees are hard to find these days"he said it as a matter of fact. "But he was a a rare gem and it would take years to find one. Truly a gem i say, truly a gem hard to find." The truth was he had already found my replacement, a prize catch who was as talented with computers as i was (not that i was much too talented), who worked at half of the salary i took home and a person who was too eager to please his boss and certainly did not ask him inconvinient questions that challenged his philosophy like me.



"Öfcourse i had told him to perform yoga to cleanse his mind. Numerous times i even offered him cd's of the yoga guru, his holiness, Baba R. but his mind was full of alien ideas, ideas of what did he call himself .... hmmm yes, agnosticism, stupid ideas youth nowadays go around with. But he was truly a gem, a great loss to me, to my team and to my organization"



He climbed down the dias with his head hung low trying to appear remorseful and took his chair. An elderly man sitting next to him asked him what agnosticism really meant. "Trying to act like the foreigners"he was heard saying " We are blindly following the West in everything. This is breaking the family system in India. Homosexuality is not natural and can be treated. If the government brings this law, I will join Baba R. to the streets of Delhi in protest." and the other person nodded in agreement> I still did not understand what had homosexuality to do with my death but the person sitting next to him might have had.



There is no pain you are receding



A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.



You are only coming through in waves.



Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.



When I was a child I had a fever



My hands felt just like two balloons.



Now I've got that feeling once again



I can't explain you would not understand



This is not how I am.



I have become comfortably numb.

No comments: