Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Condolence Meeting - Allegory of my life - Part I

12 hours ago i was dead, 4 hours ago i was creamted, few seconds ago my condolence meeting just started. The only problem was that it was a summer evening in Goa and profusely sweating people were discussing the frequent power cuts and the inefficiancy of the state minister for power. My ashes were still wrapped tightly in the metallic urn and my fate undecided as at the end of the meet it would be decided as to in which sacred river i would be flown. The first speaker was my close friend Mr.AD. Teary eyed already, going through his ritual practice of eating his nails from his thumb, looking at his thumb inorder to appreciate his own art of manicure and resuming his nail biting once again. While not speaking about me he spoke at lengths about the merits of going abroad and how the life was much more beautiful there, how much more you can earn and how nescessary it is to go abroad on a company sponsoredtrip to prove yourself a worthy person.



He stood on the dias and gave all the spectators a truly remarkable performance by speaking about how we both met at the notice boards of the academic sections of our engineering college. How our grades were miserable and how bad it was that our professors could not discover true academic talent. As according to him our biggest enemy was Prof B. a dark stocky professor who was simply was recruited by the college to harass us. Finally allowing the spectators with the wisdom that i wished desperately to go abroad which is not true in its entirity, and probably i took it so much to my heart and probably again that was the cause of my death. Finally ending the well crafted speech with the merits of being abroad and how much a common man should make one's duty to go abroad on a company trip atleast once in one's lifetime.



So true was the spectacle that everyone in the meet nodded in agreement. Looking through the metallic urn i could not really figure what the people were nodding at, was it my inept failure to go abroad or their own inept failures to go abroad





Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now,

I hear you're feeling down.

Well I can ease your pain

And get you on your feet again.

Relax.

I need some information first.

Just the basic facts

Can you show me where it hurts?

No comments: